Increase Revenue and Provide Expert Advice with a Recognized Nutrition Designation.
The IONC Grants Chiropractors Advanced Standing Towards both
Registered Nutritional Consulting Practitioner “RNCP”
Registered Orthomolecular Health Practitioner “ROHP”
Many chiropractors are interested in earning a recognized designation and expertise in the areas of evidence-based Clinical, Metabolic, Sports and Orthomolecular Nutrition. The recent ruling from the IONC now enables Doctors of Chiropractic to achieve the RNCP and ROHP designation by completing the 100-hour, online, video lecture, Continuing Education program, offered exclusively by the Global Integrative Medicine Academy
Doctors of Chiropractic can now earn the recognized RNCP and ROHP designations and become an expert in clinical nutrition, sports nutrition, as well as orthomolecular and metabolic nutrition, by completing the six module, web-based program.
- Completion of the entire program qualifies you to obtain the Registered Nutritional Consultant Practitioner (RNCP) and Registered Orthomolecular Health Practitioner (ROHP) designation(s), from the International Organization of Nutritional Consultants (IONC www.ionc.org). Upon joining the IONC, you will qualify for an official RNCP/ROHP registration number, which is honored by various employee group plans for reimbursement of nutritional counseling services.
- The program consists of approximately 100-hours of video lectures, approved by the IONC. The program also includes a complete set of digital course notes, and all power point slides (in pdf format). Additional textbook reading is also required. Online exams are required throughout the program, along with several assignments to meet the IONC requirements.
- The IONC is presently in negotiations with the government to form a Registry of all RNCP/ROHP practitioners with a medium-range goal of becoming a full-fledged Regulated Profession. This is approximately where Naturopaths were in their emergence 15-20 years ago. This program enables DC’s and other regulated health professionals to acquire recognized status in the field of nutritional and lifestyle medicine and sports nutrition; area of great importance to patient health, healing and healthy life expectancy.
- Completion of the program also earns you two certificates of completion from the Global Integrative Medicine Academy, which include:
- 1. Advanced Nutritional Medicine – certificate of completion
- 2. Sports Nutrition Specialist- certificate of completion
BECOME THE EXPERT YOU ALWAYS WANTED TO BE IN THE VITAL AREA OF NUTRITION AND LIFESTYLE MEDICINE
- Enhance your skills and confidence when addressing nutrition, exercise and supplementation recommendations to patients in the following instances:
- Help your patients decrease risk of degenerative diseases, enhance their longevity index and healthy life expectancy
- Help your patients improve the management of existing health conditions via evidence-based nutrition, supplementation and exercise interventions
- Answer questions about how drugs affect the body, and confidently explain strategies that can be used to enable their physician to lower the drug dosage of high-risk medications or eliminate the need for certain drugs via the use of targeted nutrition and lifestyle medicine
- Develop an expertise in drug-nutrient interactions to ensure your patients are using the safest approach to supplementation, and helping to identify patients who are at risk via their own self-medication (supplementation) practices.
- Help your patients optimize their genetic health potential and reverse key aspects of the aging process to preserve a highly functioning body and mind for as long as possible, using natural interventions.
100-Hour Video Lecture Program for DC’s to Qualify for RNCP/ROHP Designation(s)
Advanced Nutritional Medicine And Sports Nutrition Specialist Program:
Course 1: Essentials of Nutrition and Metabolism and Theories of Aging
- Essentials of Nutrition and Metabolism Part 1
- Essentials of Nutrition and Metabolism Part 2
- Theories of Aging
Course 2: Nutritional Medicine in Neurology
- Brain Development and Neurodegenerative Diseases (Alzheimer’s disease, Dementia, Parkinson’s, MS, ALS)
- Neuropathies, Concussion, and Nervous System Toxicity, Autism
- Nutritional Medicine and Mental Health Disorders
Course 3: Nutritional Medicine in Metabolic Health 1
- Diabetes, Pre-diabetes, and Blood Sugar Irregularities
- Arthritis and Autoimmune Diseases
Course 4: Nutritional Medicine in Metabolic Health 2
- Liver Diseases
- Kidney Diseases
- Essentials of Pharmacology
- Blood Tests, Biomarkers, and Longevity
Course 5: Nutritional Medicine in Reproductive Health, Weight Management, and Sports Nutrition
- Female and Male Reproductive Health Issues
- Sports Medicine Part 1
- Sports Nutrition Part 2
- Weight Management and How to Run a Weight Management Program
Course 6: Nutritional Medicine in Cancer, GI, and Functional Assessment
- Adjunctive Nutritional Management of Cancer and Cancer Prevention
- Gastrointestinal Diseases (Celiac, Inflammatory Bowel Diseases, Diverticular Disease, Irritable Bowel Syndrome etc.)
- Nutrition and Lifestyle Medicine Assessment of the Patient and Patient Programming